Street and property names with Royal connotations

The consent of the Lord Chamberlain’s office must be obtained if a street or property name with any reference to the Royal family or the use of the word ‘Royal’ or other protected Royal titles is suggested.

Applications to the Lord Chamberlains office must be made by the most senior officer at the local authority. Applications can be emailed to

For further information see: Guidance on the use of Royal Arms, names and images