Appeals under the 1925 act

A person who wishes to object to the local authority issuing an order under the 1925 Act to alter the name of a street or to assign a name to a street may do so through the magistrate’s court under Section 8 and Section 18(4) of that act. The case of Basildon Borough Council v James [2015] EWHC 3365 (Admin) dealt with the approach that an appeal court should take in respect of Section 18 (4) of this Act.